
P.S. these were some of my yummiest batches of peach cobbler and banana bread and muffins. Yum yum...I guess you're looking at the newest member of the "Mormon Homemaker" club (sorry Leslie--she's my sister-in-law who thinks Mormons are part of a cult! hee hee)
Since joining the world of blogging I'm noticing lots of other stay-at-home Moms with blogs. They all seem so cute and nice, and I'm sure they all blog to stay in touch with family just like I do, but... I don't know, I just sometimes get this "congratulations to us for being stay-at-home Moms and blogging all day" vibe. It really rubs me the wrong way. Doesn't it sometimes seem like a few are begging for a pat on the back in all their efforts to be crafty and "home-maker-y" (and I'm sure this is just my misinterpreted perception)? I really don't want any part of it, but it seems to be creeping into me. I feel this desire to learn to cook more, scrapbook again, and just teach and enjoy my child more while staying at home. I must admit, I'm taking some pride in being a "home-body." I really want to learn more "good mommy skills," and understand and live out my calling as a mother and a wife more fully. Here are my excuses for neglecting skills like cooking and sewing and scrapbooking: 1. I grew up taking lessons like dance, gymnastics, art, and music (why didn't I learn to cook and sew? I DON'T KNOW! But I AM grateful for the experiences I had), 2. My husband's been home about HALF of the time since we've been married (thank you military). We take pride in serving our country, and it's been a sacrifice, but it's also given me excuses to be lazy and not do dinners every night (or have other regularly scheduled family activities that I consider important), and 3. We've moved around the country SO MUCH since we started our family. Seriously, we've moved FIVE TIMES! Yeah, my scrapping stuff is still in the same box it was in New Mexico (our first military base). I'm resolving to be better at these things...also I obviously need to stop judging other mothers who I feel judge everybody else (who they feel judge THEM! Ha, ha, it's a big catch 22 of judging!) I appreciate that we're all trying to live our "callings" the best we can and I'm pretty sure none of us has the luxury to look outside ourselves to place judgment, right? Of course I'm right. I'm pretty smart you know.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Just to fit in with all the Moms in Utah...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh, so you're too good for the stay-at-home-moms, eh? hahaha! No, seriously: they do deserve a good pat on the back. It's not easy to run a household on one income and I'm amazed by anyone who'd rather sew their clothes than leave their kids to work so they can BUY their clothes instead. However, I have a beef with those who decide to stay home but push their stinking home businesses at ME. No, thank you. Sorry, that got a little soap-boxy!
Post a Comment