
You know, I didn't marry someone just like me...anyone who knows Adam and I very well can attest to that. I'm flighty and ditzy and never even considered having a savings account before I got married. I love music and art and dancing and things that my manly husband considers a little bit "gay." If this guy had his way the T.V. would be permanently set to the ESPN channel (alright fine, I'm guilty of watching too much HGTV so we're even). He's always got a plan, and considers taking care of his family his first priority. Turns out we're a good match though, and I feel like it's no accident that we met at BYU right before we both graduated. Sure we don't always agree on everything, but he's always there to listen to my concerns and things that stress me out, and patiently tries to understand why I worry about what I do and is always the great support I need. His favorite thing to say when concerns arise between us is "babe, we're on the same team here," and it's completely true. I never feel we're at odds with one another as far as our goals for ourselves and our family...we do share the same ideas as far as morals go when I think about it. I don't want to seem all judgemental or like I'm looking down my nose at others, but it seems like I see so many couples who are always at odds, and in power struggles, and even are dishonest with one another over the dumbest things... I guess I'm trying to say that I feel really blessed. I think everyone deserves to have someone appreciate them--even with (and especially for) their differences--but most of all someone to have on their team. Everything is in "sports language" with this guy, but this is one phrase I've come to appreciate and understand. It seems like a such an important concept to incorporate to have a strong marriage.


0 comments:
Post a Comment