BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, July 7, 2007

I Miss Him

The last email I received from my husband (who's in Baghdad) was sent on Thursday morning around six am. It is now Saturday evening, and I'm of course getting nervous and checking the news, but I'm also overcome with how much I miss him. I try really hard to keep my "I'm an independent, strong, able military wife" facade up pretty much all the time (and I think I'm damn good at it)...but sometimes I just can't keep the stuff I'm locking out from penetrating my shell of "strength." I soo don't want to be a "whiner military wife," and I know we signed up for all of this, but is it alright if I just admit how much I miss him for a minute? I miss my very best friend in the whole world, the man who always "takes care of his girls," and makes our little "dramaties" go away with his brilliant ideas (I miss being surprised by how smart he is, again and again). I'm pretty positive this guy is at least a level or two above me in the "Handsome-Pretty Categorization," but he always tells me--and makes me feel like--to him, I'm beautiful. I miss how he always slows me down (when I'm in a huge rush to do, really, nothing) to give me his big all-encompassing hug and and talk with me face to face. I miss him telling me I'm crazy and laughing at me when I run around in circles trying to "get things right" and all the while I know and feel how much he loves me for all of it. I miss him listening and buoying me up when I feel like I've been taken advantage of or taken for granted or when I just screw up. He's always there, completely with me and on my side, even when he's a little shocked at my opinions or behavior. I even miss the annoying ESPN channel music!!! Now THERE is an indication of how much I miss this man (those annoying little blurbs, hearing the same stupid stories over and over again...). He really is the backbone of our family, and Kennedy and I aren't whole without him.

1 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Sooooo horrifically sad. I really dont know how you do it! Ryan just moved to Raleigh and we will be 2 months apart but get to see each other on most weekends. I definately can not complain to you. We will be counting down the days until he is home safely.... for good!