BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My happiness...




I've been stressing out lately (and I guess for the last fifteen or so years) about people and things that I can't really control. I've been trying to help and fix and mend things that aren't mine to mend, and I've decided it's time for me to step back, take a deep breath, and give a silent prayer of thanks for the amazing blessings I seem to have in abundance. I'm not talking about stuff, because I'm pretty sure at this point in my life that stuff only brings more problems and chaos. I'm talking about my family. I can not BELIEVE that I've been entrusted with my angel daughter...it's really quite an overwhelming responsibility, but the joy I've found in sharing in her life cannot be described. And then there's my loyal husband. How much can one man sacrifice to help the "greater good" and keep his child and other children safe from people who hate us just for being free and happy? He has so much to teach about sacrifice and loyalty and trust and obedience and responsibility...he's so honest and deeply good. I've led a pretty "so-so ho-hum" life, and I can't think of when or where, but to quote Maria VonTrap, "somewhere in my youth or childhood I must have done something good" to have these two in my life.

1 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

Sometimes I feel the exact same way. I need to remember that when I get all high-maintenance and spoiled.