BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Give me one good reason to EVER leave Utah!






O.K., so there aren't waterfalls, manicured lawns, beautiful trees, shrubs, and flowers everywhere in Utah...these pictures were all taken at Thanksgiving Gardens. But Utah really is my ideal place to live and raise a family so far (though I admit my experience and knowledge is still pretty limited). It's got a zillion fun things to see and do, a feeling of safety and security, it's of course very family-friendly (Mormon country!), has some really great shopping (IKEA just opened-yipee!), and views of the mountains are everywhere you turn. Does it get better? Can we please stay?


There's something so great to me about how children just love to run. I need to develop that love and burn off some love handles! My sister Noelle has inspired me; she runs pretty much every day. She's converted me (at least in my thinking) to believe that any amount or type of running is better than none at all. My new goal is to try to run at least three times a week while Adam is gone (mind you, my run may be slower than your fast walk, but it'll count in my book).


One of the best parts about Thanksgiving Gardens is, it's only a three minute drive from our house. I could jog there on the Jordan River Trail from our neighborhood park in 20 minutes if I were speedy...but I'm not. Grandma got us all season membership passes (thank you Mom!), so we go enjoy the views, ride ponies, see the farm animals, participate in the family night activities, or peruse the dinosaur museum whenever we please. We can't complain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics trace!

cheyney webb said...

I wish I were there to run with you to Thanksgiving Point. I keep thinking about running but it just never happens. You are right; Utah does have an amazing quality of life. It is so fun to still see pics with Adam!

Jared and Laurel said...

Way to capture the whole T-Point experience! I love that place.