I've neglected the blog for a greater priority...Adam came home for the most blissful two weeks of our year! This is a little bit late for Father's Day, but I'd be remiss if I didn't blog a tribute to his amazing talents and natural abilities in Fatherhood. This guy was ready to knock me up on our stinkin' wedding night. He knew he loved Kennedy before he even knew she was going to be a girl. He's the perfect balance of a super-fun, "throw you around and tickle you with 'spiders' and 'the claw'" Dad, and a cuddly, "read super-sweet stories of leaving a permanent kiss in your hand while I'm gone" Dad, along with that firm, "I know what's best for you and you won't be living on candy and soda-pop" Dad (thank goodness, because I don't seem very good at that part). Watching him excell at model Fatherhood without even trying makes me want to be a better wife and mother, and makes me love him even more than I already did (a lot). Kennedy's probably the best witness to how wonderful her Dad is though...he walks on water according to her. Pretty much the entire time he was home Mom was chopped liver (fine by me because I didn't mind the break from baths, toothbrushings, carseat ins and outs, etc.), and Kennedy could NOT get enough of her Dad. In her own famous words, "Dad, you nice. I love you SOOOO much!" I know it breaks Adams heart to be missing those big suffocating neck hugs, and the way she always tugs at your ear to feel safe and secure, but Kennedy is well aware of how much she is loved, and will be just fine until you return home to us. Happy Father's Day honey!Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Happy Father's Day to the greatest father I've ever known
I've neglected the blog for a greater priority...Adam came home for the most blissful two weeks of our year! This is a little bit late for Father's Day, but I'd be remiss if I didn't blog a tribute to his amazing talents and natural abilities in Fatherhood. This guy was ready to knock me up on our stinkin' wedding night. He knew he loved Kennedy before he even knew she was going to be a girl. He's the perfect balance of a super-fun, "throw you around and tickle you with 'spiders' and 'the claw'" Dad, and a cuddly, "read super-sweet stories of leaving a permanent kiss in your hand while I'm gone" Dad, along with that firm, "I know what's best for you and you won't be living on candy and soda-pop" Dad (thank goodness, because I don't seem very good at that part). Watching him excell at model Fatherhood without even trying makes me want to be a better wife and mother, and makes me love him even more than I already did (a lot). Kennedy's probably the best witness to how wonderful her Dad is though...he walks on water according to her. Pretty much the entire time he was home Mom was chopped liver (fine by me because I didn't mind the break from baths, toothbrushings, carseat ins and outs, etc.), and Kennedy could NOT get enough of her Dad. In her own famous words, "Dad, you nice. I love you SOOOO much!" I know it breaks Adams heart to be missing those big suffocating neck hugs, and the way she always tugs at your ear to feel safe and secure, but Kennedy is well aware of how much she is loved, and will be just fine until you return home to us. Happy Father's Day honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What fun posts! I loved the updates! Your mom is going to start dating!!! I cant wait to hear those stories! It looks like you had a wonderful time with Adam home. You are superb parents.
Post a Comment