BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why We Love Cate


Kennedy's bestest friend is a little cutie named Cate. Crazy coincidence since Cate's Mom happens to be one of my most "favoritest" people as well. The other day Kennedy went to play at Cate's house and then Cate came to ours for a bit. I couldn't help noticing some remarkable qualities in little "Catesies"(as I can't help calling her) that I'm so pleased to have around to influence our Kennedy. Here's a couple: Cate is always so excited about life. The simplest things make her so happy. After most movies she claps...how cute is that? Also, she's so grateful for things...what a hard thing to teach a young child (especially when you love to give and have a shopping problem!). We love giving Cate little gifts because she always adores them, and says thank you with a real light in her eyes (really sincerely thankful, not just a kid who's Mom told them to say "thank you"). One last quality I'll mention is clearly illustrated in the picture above. It's not just her dancing--Cate's entire personality is funky and crazy-cool and HILARIOUS. She always keeps us laughing. I wish we could live close to the McCalebs for years and years, but alas! we're military and there's nothing to be done. We sure do love Cate!


My favorite thing about Cate is the great friend she is to my daughter. She's so sweet to Kennedy, and randomly comes to tell me "we love each other," and "she's my BEST friend." Hard to part them, but always fun to let them run around and play.


Cate jumps in front of the camera to be silly "for the record."


Kennedy comes up to tell me, "She's crazy, huh Mom?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are CLASSIC. thank you so much for capturing that!!!

--m.k.r. said...

The two of them are so cute together, I hope Rylee can be lucky enough to have a friend as fun as the two of them. She had lots of fun with Kennedy the other day, thanks for coming by. -k