
Kennedy lounging and enjoying her victory...instead of sleeping in her own bed (after plenty of stories and bed-time singing), she's lounging in MOM'S bed watching "Magic of the Rainbow." I'm afraid I'm a real slacker in the "enforcer" department, especially when Adam's gone. Before any of you wandering parents get all judgy and are unkind to me with your silent crinkled eyebrows, hear my excuse: I really miss having my husband in our bed, and feel bad sending her off alone when she seems to have repeat episodes of separation anxiety when Dad's gone. Besides, she's the sweetest snuggle-bug...how can you blame me? The real reason I'm posting this picture is because of the fantastic PAINTING above the bed...a piece of art given us by Adam's old BYU roommate, Michael Parker. Out of the blue, Adam gets an email from him, asking how we're doing with an update on his life and family...it made Adam's day, and he forwarded it to me. Michael actually married a beautiful, super-nice girl named Mary who my Mom adores and is from her neighborhood/ward (just a crazy coincidence). They have a cutie-petutie little girl named Natalie who would be Kennedy's best bud if they lived close by, AND a little one on the way! (Yea! Congratulations!) They're now living in Laguna Beach enjoying the beautiful scenery and taking advantage of all the perks there. It's been fun checking out their blog site (www.parkerexperience.blogspot.com) but I'm feeling so awful...you see, in all our military moves we never ever sent them a wedding present! How embarrassing, right? I mean, this guys's painting (which he did from one of the engagement pictures that by-the-way HE took for us for FREE!) happens to be one of our favorite possessions (hands-down best wedding present ever). Another side note: he's SUPER talented--he actually did it the night before our wedding...crazy fast! Sheesh, we're really jerks, but what do you do? Hopefully they've forgotten all about our wrongs to them (oops, he reads our blog!). Forgive us Michael and Mary (and darling little Natalie!). One day we'll have enough money to commission a Family Portrait from you(we're starting to save now!)and try make it up to you!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Princess Movies & Reconnecting with Old Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hahaha! This makes me laugh out loud because I remember painting this the night before. I can't believe you still have this old painting. It's kind of embarrassing actually. But thanks for the kind comments and worry not about a wedding present. We forgive you. You will have to come visit us here though to make up for it. (We are about 30 min form Disney land by the way)Anytime you want a family portrait I'm up for it.
Post a Comment