Wouldn't YOU like to come to my birthday party? Seriously, the "party favors" were bags of little Bath and Body scrubs and lotions and bubble baths... I know, you're asking yourself, "is she for REAL?" Yes. I'm just too good to be true.
Ahhh, even after all these years, my Mom still made me one of her crazy signature ice cream cakes. She said this snowman-looking thing was a "supermom" with the S on front (definitely in disguise!) Thanks Mom, you're too sweet and funny and cute!
We had such a good turnout...the only missing family members (other than my husband of course) were Noelle and my brother David and his fiance Cat. That's really all I wanted for my birthday (everyone together enjoying one another...especially their FAVORITE birthday girl sister/daughter/grand-daughter!)
Kennedy helps me blow out my votive candle on what I lovingly refer to as the "troll cake" :):):)
My family really is so fun and chummy and we just LOVE hanging out. Whether we're lauging, making fun of each other, singing, or sharing stories...it's always a good time.
Eww. One of two pics with me in them, and THIS was the least ugly if you can believe it. My Mom kept jokingly refering to me as "middle aged," but if that's true wouldn't I be dead around sixty? But still...I couldn't even edit out the wrinkles (waaaah!)
Even Corky...FINALLY showed up to a family get-together. Sweet success.
It really is SO SWEET watching Kennedy go up gently to talk to her great-grandma Brough, asking her genuine questions, telling her she loves her (seriously, with NO cues from me...my daughter has a heart that baffles me sometimes). She even told her once that she was beautiful! Made me cry.
Even our crazy-genius-inventor Uncle David showed up...fun fun fun.

Of course I got lots of shots of little Isaac...we're so happy he's back and really missed him! O.K., so HOLD UP--I actually got my Mom to admit that Isaac is her favorite grandchild! She tried to take it back and say something about Kennedy being her favorite "girl"...yeah, nice try Mom. 

Oh my cuteness! This kid has got so many "looks," and they all are great. Some are a little goofy, but every one is "melt your heart" darling darling.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
My Perfect Birthday Dinner Party Thingy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, you aren't kidding! That was a lot of fun. And I'm still enjoying the party favors! :)
You HAVE to let me watch Doodle for you while you use your spa gift certificate, by the way.
And, PS-Ain't no wrinkles to edit out!
That's awesome! Happy B-day! Seeing all your happy family funness has made us a little sad being so far away from our family. I guess even being able to go to the beach every day doesn't compensate for having loving family nearby (but it does count for something)
Post a Comment