I know I've said it many times, but I'm still so amazed at the miraculous change and transformation we've all witnessed in my sister Bobbie these last few months. Anyone who knows me well, knows the struggle it's been for me, seeing her in horrible situations (many self-inflicted), and worrying about her homelife, and especially her four-year-old son. She's now been clean and sober 76 straight days, and if there were ever reasons to "drown your stresses and sorrows," she's had them here lately. She's going through a bitter custody battle and divorce, and has faced some very harsh court rulings, and we ALL have worried about the safety and well-being of her precious son while he's not in her care. It's certainly not the season to lash out in hatefulness and ugliness (especially in front of a young, innocent child--the real victim of this whole ordeal), so I'm hoping the genuine self-reflection (true moral inventory and honest confrontation of sins committed) and repentance will transfer to the other side of the family as well. The wrongs against this child have NOT been shallow or of little consequence, and we know that the serious and obscene nature of the abuse he's endured will affect him throughout lifetime, but I have to believe the Savior can help in healing and changing hearts. I have to, or I can't sleep at night. For what it's worth, I'm proud beyond belief of my sister. Isn't she beautiful?
Dang, she sure looks good in my clothes! ha ha ha
It's truly, truly amazing...after years of being in a cloud of alcohol and drug addiction, she's sober and strong and courageously faces her demons with the utmost honesty and integrity. She's so candid about how she's able to do it: "it's only through the Savior, and his all-powerful GRACE. Thank goodness for Grace." Could I ever be like that? We always knew she had great potential, but I don't think I ever gave her this much credit. It's truly a miracle for our entire family.
What a great example you are to ALL of us, Bob. I love and admire you so much, and am proud to call you my sister and friend.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
She's Amazing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I have to agree. I never knew this girl; she's my new role model now!
Post a Comment