I'm so proud that I didn't shed one tear when this, my very favorite vase, fell and broke (during painting preparations). I just heard it fall and thought, "ah damnit," and then reassured myself that it was silly to care, so I didn't. Well, I guess I cared enough to take a picture and blog about it. Wasn't it pretty?
Well, at least the living room doesn't look like this anymore (with every piece of crap shoved to the center of the room):
So as much as I talk and talk about painting, I don't love doing it quite as much as I thought I might. Painting's fine, it's just all the stupid prep work (and believe me, I HAVE to tape everything with the way I paint or everything get's splattered). Please, let me be done...don't hold your breath though.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Vain and Foolish Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, man, I'm proud of you. And I'm relieved that it wasn't my son that broke it--he came close a couple of times!
Oh no, I liked that vase too! Just think though it is one less thing to move, we gota find the positive :)! The house is looking great!
I know how you feel about painting. I really hate it. I had to paint my whole house before I moved in last year. What fun that was. But it's soooooo much better painted. That old gradma wall paper just wasn't doing it for me. You sure have been busy lately. I wish I had that must drive to get things done.
Post a Comment