BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, November 5, 2007

Just Something About a Military Man

Women out there who don't have a husband/boyfriend/man who's ever been in the service, or even someone who's had the desire to serve but couldn't (I'm talking also about firemen and policemen...FBI...all of those who "serve and protect"), I'm sorry, but you really are missing out. I've been surprised by some of the men I've observed while living here in Utah (I just have to say, "really? REALLY?"), and I've begun appreciating the fact that I have a "real man," and not some lesser version. Sure, some military men are creeps who have power issues, but the ones who are religious, family-oriented, God-fearing, "serve for the greater good" men...it just doesn't get better. When I'm at the end of the rope with being a military wife and let my mind consider whether I'd choose for Adam to have some other career, I just think of how much a part of him it is. I actually cringe a little when I imagine him as a banker or a salesman of some sort (though I'm of course envious of a life with the husband/father coming home at night every night, forever and ever). I love that he loves serving his country, and that he truly wants to "make a difference" and feels strongly about "catching bad guys." He is NOT cool when I am a spoiled "I'm above the law" girl, and makes me realize how blessed we are to live in this amazing country. I'm proud to be an American, and I'm proud to be his wife. HOORAY FOR SERVICEMEN--REAL MEN--everywhere!!!

0 comments: