Here she is, the birthday girl herself. Poor Mom's had a rough time of it lately; after her leg finally healed she got a terrible case of strep throat. She pulled through and made it out to her birthday party though...what a champ! Happy 63rd birthday Grandma (her ribbon says "aged to perfection" and Kennedy insisted she wear a little "crown" since she was the birthday girl). Lots of fun was had by all.
This sad-looking mess is actually Mom's cake. I thought I'd be clever and make her a cake in the shape of a "cast" (she's just recently healed from a broken leg). I thought I'd make it a triple layer cake, and getting the right shape made it that much more unstable...this picture was taken before it really reached its prime. Of course Mom loved it "just the way it was" (story of my life, ha ha). My favorite part is the pink toe nails Noelle added.

1 comments:
Ah, this was such a good day. Too bad poor Mom was feeling so under the weather that week... month... fortnight? It's been months it seems, poor woman!
Oh, and I don't care what Trace says- the cake was a huge success! :)
Post a Comment