

I started out with a simple goal: try not to kill any of the existing plants and keep the flower beds weeded. The goals are steadily becoming loftier and I'm gaining confidence in the new world of gardening. It seems to be good for my soul to get out and dig in...the dirty fingernails and ruined pants are well worth it. Kennedy usually vacillates between helping Mom weed and plant, or running around with neighbor kids jumping on trampolines, swinging, and eating otter pops. Watching her play makes me feel like every hard thing is worth it... Isn't this what summer's about? We're going to start some little pots of various veggies and flowers for Kennedy to be responsible for...perhaps one day I'll even venture to build a real garden. A great perk of getting out to do yard work is the neighbors that walk over to chat. So many lovely people in such a small area. Is it possible that all of Utah is like this?


0 comments:
Post a Comment