BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update on Adam...

So remember how he was sick for his birthday? Yeah, we thought that was rotten luck, but turns out there was a little more to it. It seems that one of the viruses floating around here triggered something called "Guillian Barre Syndrome" where his auto-immune system started attacking his nerves...yeah, I still understand very little about it all...Nevertheless, I wanted to post a few pictures of him to show concerned family & friends how great he looks & is doing:
I know I'm a little biased, but I think he looks so darn handsome in those silly hospital pajamas.
We feel really blessed that he's not dealing with something much more serious & debilitating, like cancer or M.S. There's so many blessings in our lives to focus on right now!
These shots are all so crappy & blurry (taken with my iphone), but I had to post this one of Schaffer snuggling his Dad. He's not usually a "snuggler," but this guy is all about his Dad, & has missed having him home for their guy time.
We also feel so blessed that he's still able to walk & that they caught it so early. A huge thank you to all our good friends & family members who have been so supportive & are keeping Adam in their prayers. It's been overwhelming (& extremely humbling) how many people are reaching out to offer any kind of help they can give, and we're both overcome with awe at the number, compassion, & sincerity of our friends.
I never realized until now just how darn popular my husband is. He seriously had 30 visitors in 2 days...and counting. People just love him, and I'm well aware of the countless reasons they do. Ha ha, he's such a stinkin' flirt too. All his nurses get such a kick out of him (& he will NOT allow male nurses to be assigned to him! Lol)
No hiney-flashing here...although it'd be a pretty cute hiney if you ask me!

2 comments:

brandy said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet hubby being so sick. I know he has such an awesome wife taking care of him. We will be keeping you all in our prayers and for him to have a full recovery. :)

Anonymous said...

Trace, you are seriously so AMAZING- count on you to be counting your blessings at a time like this. I just wish there was more I could do from over here... but I'll keep praying and, heck, I'll be THERE in less than two weeks!!

PUT ME TO WORK, woman!!!! :)