BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scenes from our Christmas (of '09)

After our trip to Utah I felt unprepared & almost bombarded by how fast Christmas came. (Probably because we all took turns with some kind of bug we caught in Utah or on the plane). It was a great one though. I love these two kids fresh out of bed!

Santa is so forgetful...thinks he may not have enough, then ends up with way too much. Kennedy was so gracious & grateful this year though...she's such a sweetie.
How cute is this: she realized after opening some of her presents that Schaffer didn't seem to have nearly as many (Santa knows he's not keeping track yet!). She got really upset about it as you can tell by her face. Sometimes I wonder how I was blessed with such a compassionate considerate little angel. She's such a great example to Adam & I.
Schaffer ended up with the "sickies" last, so his Christmas was a little bit miserable, poor guy! All he wanted for Christmas was to cozy up to Mom or Dad...tough job, but I think we'll manage!
Kennedy was very anxious to help her brother with presents & his stocking. She was so cute with him, cooing about how exciting it is to get presents from Santa.
One of Schaffer's favorite gifts (& Kennedy's as you can see) was a little 'mega blocks' dump truck. It's already given us our 'money's worth' with how many times it's been up & down the halls!
I love their faces in this shot. Kids are so easily made happy. I'm sure that's one of the ways we're supposed to 'be like little children' in the eternal perspective of things.
We saw Santa in Utah & on the island several times, but the only picture I have as proof is the one Adam's battalion emailed to me. I'm so on top of things (ha ha, yeah right!)
We had Christmas dinner at the Feider's home & it was perfect (but again I have no pictures). This is their little Brooklyn with Kennedy. Not only are she & Kennedy best friends, but her Mom Kate is one of my favorite people ever, in all our moves. We've recently set our husbands up on a little golfing 'man date' & it looks like they're going to be best pals too. They extended their day together by taking their little girls on a"Daddy/Daughter" double-date (to dinner & a movie). We plan on following them to every duty station! :)
Oh just as a side-note, my daughter's become quite the crafty decorator. See this little reindeer? Well I guess she thought he looked cold...
I noticed that the backs of these little trees looked oddly bare...
Then I saw that the deer had new green feathers. Oh my crazy doodle-bug!

4 comments:

Kate said...

OMGosh that reindeer with the feathers is hilarious! She is so creative! Thanks for all the shout-outs. YOU'RE the best though!! Yes PLEASE follow us to our next duty station!! That would make leaving Hawaii a little more bearable {sigh}.

Jared and Laurel said...

I don't know how I missed this, but I'm so glad I got to see it now! Great post. Great pictures. Great stories. Great life!

Sunnysupra said...

LOL! Great post! LOVE the dumptruck shots with the kids, looks like you guys had a really fun Christmas.

Sunnysupra said...

LOL! Great post! LOVE the dumptruck shots with the kids, looks like you guys had a really fun Christmas.