Here it is: the end-all event of the year. You can't see them, but I have tons of little pink lantern string lights hung all around the ceiling...big electric hazard. The wires looked right at home in our completely unfinished basement. We had fun though. Heart shaped mini-pizzas, sandwiches, and cupcakes, along with the usual guacamole veggies and fruit. Of course fun pink punch with lime-green ice balls was the drink of choice. Our craft got a little crazy--we made cute foam valentines for friends and family (Adam you just got yours with that V-day card I sent). I thought a good birthday game would be musical chairs--my bad. Kennedy ended up crying in true birthday form when she wasn't able to sit on her new purple and green chair Grandma had just given her. Other than that it was a success, and Kennedy has a new-found appreciation for just what a birthday can mean for her.
These two would be inseparable if they could. This is Cate McCaleb, my friend Kelly's little girl. She's been three much longer than Kennedy, and man does it show! She's helping Kennedy "wise up" to Mom's tricks, and teaching her to form her own opinions and "think for herself..." good luck Mom!
And there she is, the little birthday girl herself. She looks a little unsure here because she just got finished talking on speaker with what I thought was her Dad (nice Sargent guy went to find Adam and was unsuccessful), I come back upstairs to find her saying, "I just want to talk to you!" I indignantly get on the phone to ask my husband why his daughter is so upset, and the guy says, "Ma'am I couldn't find your husband for you!" Oops.

1 comments:
Oh, so much fun! What a hit that party was!
Post a Comment