Kennedy's prayers always start with "please bless Dad," then immediately "bless Cate..." I guess Cate's number two on the Doodle list right now. We just had Cate over last night to play while her parents had a Valentine date night, and she and Kennedy had a little "sharing power struggle." I asked Cate, "don't you want to share with your friend Kennedy?" She immediately responded, "no, she's my BEST friend," very matter-of-factly. So cute. I wonder if I had such a good friend when I was Kennedy's age. Probably not!
Besides playing in child-size jail houses, Doodle and Cate also like to do "oga" exercises together, ride tricycles around kitchen islands, have tea parties, and dress up like princesses. What a life!
One of the great"perks" in moving here to Lehi, Utah (aside from Grandma being close as well as cousin, aunts and uncles) is a little girl named Cate McCaleb. Kennedy adores her. Funny thing is, Cate's Mom happens to be one of my idols. No seriously, Kelly McCaleb is the coolest girl ever, and definitely had some serious influence on my life. Let's diverge a bit, and I'll tell you all about it. I need to get a picture of her for my blog, but trust me, Kelly is the beautiful blond California girl type...only she's got brains, personality, and sense of humor to match. I met her at the M.T.C. (she went to New Jersey and I went to New York), then we reunited after the mission. I extended my mission and had a difficult time leaving, so she helped me adjust and even got me a part-time job at the infamous "Frontier Pies" (free food, good times). We were roommates at a couple of places while at BYU, and worked at the M.T.C. together teaching English-speaking missionaries. Here's the part where I really owe her: I met a tall handsome guy named ADAM at Frontier Pies (he was a part-time manager and BYU student), and we started dating. Kelly even gave me that push I needed, affirming that he was a very good catch, and attractive as well. Anyway, here we are four or five years later, and the McCalebs live right down the street! Cate--their three and a half year old--has to be the best part. Kennedy imitates everything that girl says or does. Sound familiar? We're already trading off kids, hanging out, shopping, eating out, and exercising together every other day. Great life

1 comments:
These have to be the cutest girls ever. It's so great to have a place like T.P. so close.
Post a Comment