Kennedy almost ended up sharing her birthdate with the new baby; not quite, but they're only a few days apart. Because her birthday, the c-section, & Adam's date to leave/deploy were all within a week of one another, we decided to go the easy route with her party & have it away from home. The Ice Palace, her favorite venue, was the obvious choice.
I was so prego that I was pretty much completely worthless; thank goodness for Adam's multi-tasking & 'take-charge' abilities.
My good friend Trisha made this adorable cake for us:
We had a Valentine's theme (like most every year so far). She'll surely grow tired of it sometime in the future!
They only had one table available to reserve, which made things a little tight. Don't think it mattered much to the kids--just wanted their pizza & cake (like I said, we kept it simple!)
Really, the main thing all the kids wanted to do was skate...I had no idea how appealing ice skating is to lucky little children who live on a beautiful tropical island like Oahu. They couldn't get enough.
Kennedy was very pleased with herself for not needing a little "skater"/walker at all. Most of her friends soon joined her in boldly skating on their own.
It was definitely a success insofar as how happy the birthday girl was & how much fun her friends had. And no mess to clean up for me, hooray!

2 comments:
So, Are you having another baby? Did I read that right? And Adam is leaving for a year?!?! ARGHH! I don't know how you do it Trace. You amaze me. I hope things are well.
Looks like so much fun! I love the cake. Happy Birthday, Kennedy!
Post a Comment