After a nice quiet turkey dinner (with just us) Adam suggested we go to Hickam sand bar to hang out & play. Despite all the church and battalion and every-other-kind-of-holiday-parties we're obligated to help with & attend, we're determined to focus on family time as much as possible this holiday season. I'm so very thankful for the family I have & for the time we all have together before Adam deploys again.
This amazing guy loves his kids more than anything...we want to enjoy every minute we have with him here.
We walked around exploring & playing as the sun slowly set.
The three most important people in my life. Having them makes me want to be a better person to feel a little closer to actually deserving them.
Of course Dad worked with the kids on their "throwing rocks" skills.
My beautiful amazing girl. Everyone who knows her (church teachers, friends' parents, school teachers...) makes a point to tell me how kind & polite & compassionate she is. She's a real gem.
My little man. He's already following in his sister's footsteps with how he's concerned when she's upset & giving hugs & kisses (amidst his crazy-run-around-jumping-throwing-growling-boy-antics).
I love how sweet they are together. They both miss each other while she's in school & can play for hours together. I wonder how our family dynamics will change with another boy coming to join us.
Daddy daughter time. These really are treasured moments when you're a military family.
Father-son time is Adam's favorite thing in the world (though he won't admit it for Kennedy's sake). I didn't see it coming, but having this little boy has made our world even more wonderful & fulfilled...how did we get by without him?
As long as he keeps "following in his father's footsteps," this little man will be a great man one day.
Wow, this post turned out to be pretty cheesy. With a year of deployment coming up after the holidays, I really can't be blamed, right? I'm so grateful for the wonderful family & life I've somehow lucked out with having. I'd be a real jerk if I didn't acknowledge my blessings & thank my Father in Heaven for them, especially at Thanksgiving.

2 comments:
Looks like you've really got the sunset pics down Trace- loved the post- very touching. Love ya'll so much
I love this post, Trace. I dig the cheese... in small doses, of course. And I just want to add to the long list of compliments you get about Doodle. That little girl is such a sweetheart. No, she's not perfect, but my goodness is she compassionate and just FUN to be around! I love her sense of humor and that she's so willing to try all of these fun activities! I'm so thankful for all of you Gibsons. Yeah, I gots no complaints about you folks. :)
Post a Comment