This Christmas was our 3rd one here in Hawaii, & we loved it as much as the other two. The best part was just having Dad home with us; we never take that blessing for granted anymore. We have a few fun traditions--many of them come from two of our amazing grandmas. This year my Mom sent Kennedy & Schaffer the "12 cards of Christmas," each one full of cool stories, little presents, & even money (sah-weet! ;-) We also learned some fun ideas from our "uber-grandmotherly" Grandma Terree, like sprinkling 'reindeer food' on Christmas Eve--Kennedy's showing her brother how here:
Another tradition Grandma Terree taught us is leaving a 'magic key for Santa' when we live in a house that doesn't have a chimney for him to slide down (not a lot of fireplaces here in HI). She made this cute little key holder for Santa for Kennedy last year:
She had to help hang the stockings.
And of course put out cookies for Santa:
We worry every year whether Santa has gotten enough, but then we realize that he shops throughout the year (he's a great shopper) & forgets most of the stuff he has!
Of course opening presents was a blast for us all (Schaffer really got into it this year; so much more than Kennedy at his age). She was the perfect sister as always--trying to search around finding him presents to open & helping him, worrying that he didn't get as much as she did...she's so dang great.
This motorized Razor scooter wasn't on her wish list, but was definitely one of her favorite gifts. Santa must have found a killer deal on it! ;-)
Schaf got a little motorized vehicle too, which has turned out to be perfect for use up & down the halls inside the house (since it's light & not too powerful).
Of course Santa had to give the scooter a test run...I love his face in this picture (such a little boy, just like his son). He gave a talk in church the day after Christmas & joked that he only got like two presents; sooo not cool & so not true! (makin' me look bad!) And for goodness sake, he got a stinkin' Macbook. Hmph.
I'm really hopeless without my bestie here to take fabulous pictures of my kids; I attempted a few Christmas ones without much success (miss you Kate!)
Schaffer's arm is out in the first one because we were trying to bribe him with chocolate to keep him posed.
Oh this little man; isn't he just too much?!!
After bath-time one night Kennedy insisted they both wear their Christmas jammies & I took advantage of another photo-op:
So I looooove Christmas. Love, love, love it. Living in Hawaii hasn't dampened my spirit or cramped my style one bit either. Poor Adam feels even more claustrophobic & overwhelmed by all the "stuff" this time of year, but I just can't help it. I probably should join a support group.
If there's spare inch of surface to cover, I got it covered!
You can't even walk up to the front door without being 'accosted' by the Christmas-ness...heh heh.
Kennedy digs holidays & decorating for them as much as me (big surprise). I don't think her brothers will be quite as enthusiastic somehow...
As far as missing the snow & sweaters & hot chocolate--one trip to the beach at sunset & I'm cured. I don't miss driving in dirty slushy snow one bit; don't miss the ugly gray roof of a sky at all (I know it isn't like that the entire winter, but it sometimes seemed like it); & nothing can make me tired of consistently perfect island weather. I'm going to soak it up & enjoy our island life as long as we get to stay. Mele Kalikimaka from all the Gibsons!

1 comments:
B E A Utiful Sis! You are so amazing! Would somebody give this chic a freakin' design show on HGTV already? Swear it could just be of your house and the changes you make- for the holidays and period... seriously, everything was just perfect. Did it hurt a little when you took it down? I got a moment of ... my house is blah without all the lights etc. and got a touch sad, but I know your house looks fab with or without Christmas. Anyways, hats off on the pics too, thought they really captured my two loves and again I must protest at all the negative self talk and let you know how talented of a photographer I think you are. Love y'all. xoxo
Post a Comment