About a year ago (last October) we took a trip to Adam's old stomping ground so we could visit some of his family. Yes, it's taken me that long to finally post all the pics (and there are PLENTY), but better late than never, right? We visited his Dad first to get that out of the way--ha ha (no, seriously he's one grumpy grandpa!).
Kennedy got to go fishing with her Poppa Joe; so exciting.
My favorite part was discovering this crazy-cool spider:
Kennedy was fascinated with hooking the worms, and after a while became the full-time"keeper of the worms."
Have to chew on grass just like Poppa:
Look how little and cute this girl was (sigh). And oh, that hair! I want to cut it again.
Daddy and Doodle.
Crazy to think how she was an 'only child' back then.
She had to leave Joe something sweet to remember her by; so very Kennedy.
Then we got to Kennedy's favorite part of the trip; seeing her favorite cute cousin, STEPHANIE!
Aunt Gina took us to get mani's and pedi's. So fun.
Then we all went to "Carowinds," a fun amusement park.
Look at how Stephanie poses; she's such a ham!
These two were perfect photography subjects, eager to pose and smile.
Some of their adventures were:
Riding the not-so-high, and not-so-exciting kiddie swing...
Riding the Dora Train (how sweet are these little friends?).
And of course, playing and joking with Uncle Adam.
There were plane rides...
Carousel rides...
And Aunt Trace rides...
Stephanie was a little scared of all the characters, but Kennedy loved them all...
The Rugrats were everywhere!
For some reason I didn't get a shot of her with "Squidward" from Spongebob, but when she got home and saw the show she knowingly informed me, "He's soft and nice in real life, Mom!"
The timing of our trip was perfect, since Adam's older sister had a lovely last-minute wedding with her fantastic fiance: Van.
They did it simple and easy at their church, and when I noticed there was no photographer, I eagerly stepped in (hee hee).
Gina looked so beautiful and happy; really radiant.
Van's daughter, Mary-Elise, and little Stephanie...sweet new sisters and friends.
Mamma and Pappa with the bride and groom:
The Happy Couple before the wedding:
Adam giving a little "marriage advice;" looks like it's not wanted though!
Van is one lucky dog!
Stephanie is blonde and beautiful, just like Mom.
Gina got a little choked up during the ceremony, which in turn led to Adam and I getting choked up (he'll deny it, but it's true).
Marriage is so great, right!?
The new, cute family:
And there were actually two wedding cakes.
Little Kennedy had a blast from start to finish.
Of course, that had a lot to do with a certain special someone...
Ha ha, the two bestest-cousins are already looking like rebellious youth in church here:
Kennedy didn't mind all the attention from Mamma Patsy and Pappa Roy either...
We sure love this sweet, lovely woman. Adam credits her with instilling morals in him, and helping to raise him during hard times for his family. There isn't much he (and we!) wouldn't do for her.
And Kennedy loves her just as much!
Our last family photos with the three of us before little Schaffer was born (I think I was about 4 months along here):
It was a great trip and we're so glad we went...now it's YOUR TURN Gina. We've got a place here in Hawaii for all the family to come visit!

3 comments:
I didn't even know about Carowinds. Looks fun. I forgot that Adam had family here. Great to be apart of the wedding. Next time let us know your coming.
Ha ha! I'm not the only one who blogs in bulk! Looks like good times...it's only almost a year later! :)
Thanks for all your totally sweet (yet undeserved) compliments! You're the best friend ever. You're the only one who comments on my blog anymore- if it weren't for you I would feel even more unpopular!!
P.S. I love the angles that you used when taking pictures of Kennedy fishing.
Post a Comment