Adam is 32 years old today, and I thought it'd be fun to come up with 32 things I love about my handsome husband:
1. He appreciates everything he has (he didn't grow up with much).
2. He believes in honest hard work and the "American Dream."
3. We're really good friends--the best. We love to chat and laugh and always encourage one another. I just really like him.
4. He seems to think I'm "too hot" for him, when really the opposite is true. I mean, the boy is fine!
5. He felt the Lord's spirit when he was only seventeen and became baptized. Then he saved for and put himself on an LDS mission (to Denver, Colorado) where he served honorably and loved it.
6. He almost never cries, but every once in a while I see how big his heart is through some tears...like the other day, while watching "Reign Over Me" (Adam Sandler's character loses his wife and daughters to 9/11).
7. He has a great love for (and knowledge of) history and politics...which I severely lack.
8. He's very conservative, and will often rein me in with logic when I get all "bleeding heart" on him.
9. He's an amazing Father...Kennedy's happiness and the security of her future are his biggest concerns.
10. His daughter adores him; almost as much as I do.
11. He always considers me before himself (whether offering me a stick of gum before he has one, or when he's making a sandwich, or choosing where we eat out, or what movie we watch...he's a true gentleman).
12. He loves pursuing higher education, and wants to start on another master's degree or a doctorate as soon as he can.
13. He completely supports me in whatever I want to do (now if I could just decide!)--whether I want to be a teacher, have a personal training business, go to law school, or just be a full-time Mom, he'll back me up 100%.
14. He has really great hands--not too huge and grubby, or small and stubby, just large and manly with long fingers. I don't know why, but I really love his hands.
15. He really loves to participate in and watch most every sport, but he never puts it above his family time or our well-being.
16. He always thinks of the future, and is a "man with a plan." Whether it's life insurance, retirement, education funds, or just savings, he likes to know we're secure (I never even had a savings account before I married him).
17. He always does the dishes. I really really love that (dishes become disgusting once they hit the sink).
18. He brings home sushi for me randomly.
19. He doesn't mind that I'm not talented at ALL in the culinary arts (says I can make a killer sandwich and guacamole, and doesn't care about much else).
20. He has lovely big brown eyes that are sincere and make me feel loved. He gave them to our little Doodlebug.
21. He wants his daughter to have the best life he can possibly provide.
22. He loves serving his country and believes he was able to make a difference during his deployments. He also really appreciates the opportunities and benefits the military has given him.
23. He's really smart.
24. He's really strong (not so good for me when he decides to tackle and tickle).
25. He can be very generous to others when he sees a need and feels compassion for someone.
26. He's really athletic and loves staying in shape. Yeah, he's hot.
27. He always opens doors for others, especially women and older people, and likes to open my car door if I give him a chance to.
28. He's really patient with me and never treats me like I'm "flaky" or "ditsy," even though I often am.
29. He's always patient and loving with Kennedy (especially if I'm at the end of my rope).
30. He loves to be clean, and showers even if he's going to the gym, and always before coming to bed, so he always smells good.
31. He believes in vacationing and making time for having fun adventures as a family.
32. He climbed out of pretty much nothing and made himself the man he is today (though he gives credit to the church and military). He's the best man I know.
He likes to get me ridiculous gifts for different occasions, and I admit I feel a little helpless in the "giving department" since I don't make the money around here. This year, though, I decided to go ahead and splurge on something he's always wanted. Happy Birthday babe!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Adam. Boy if I didn't know any better I'd think you could walk on water. Actually I really do have a lot of respect for you. You are quite an amazing man and you have an amazing woman at your side. What a power couple. Thanks for all your service to this country. I don't think people say it nearly enough, but I am very grateful for your service and for all the others like it. THANK YOU and Happy Birthday!
What a great tribute to such an old guy! Oh, I mean HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ADAM! :)
Happy B-day Adam. Youse guys are awesome!
trace are you going to be in Utah while I am there. I need your number so we can get together.
What a great hubby! So glad he is back in the states.
Post a Comment