BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Me and My Girl

I'm having a hard time with how big Kennedy is getting...I don't want to let her grow up, and get a little annoyed when Adam corrects her little speech impediments or makes her be a "big girl." Sometimes I catch a glimpse of my reflection when I'm carrying her and it breaks my heart to see how big she is, and realize that I've got to just let her grow up and stop being such a ninny about it (seriously, her feet hang down to my shins; it's a truly ridiculous sight). I could list tons of things she's said and done to show how much she's learning and growing, but I'm going to list a few little situations that have given me a little comfort...I just need reassurance that she's still my baby:

1. When we ask what she learns in her primary class at church, she says funny stuff like: "I learned about Jesus...and Santa." Appalling to Adam, but it makes me giggle.




2. When we talk to her about having another baby, and how only Heavenly Father knows whether we'll have a boy or a girl, she says, "well, why don't we just ask him which one?"

3. When she and Dad got back from a Daddy/daughter date the other weekend she told me that she saw a movie about a girl named "Penelumpy." Please don't correct her Adam, just let me hang on for a little longer.



4. When I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up she said, "I want to be a big."




5. She told me while typing that she wanted us to put our heads together like she and Daddy did, and said it was called "head button" (head butting).


Alright, so these examples aren't even that great at showing she's still my little Doodlebug...I'm hanging on by a thread here! I used to worry that if we had one child right after another that I wouldn't be as good a Mom to Kennedy (plus I just didn't know if I could handle it)...that's just not going to be an issue now. She'll be a great older sister, and I know our family just isn't complete yet. So here's hoping I'm still just fertile enough...




2 comments:

--m.k.r. said...

Trace,

Look at you entering the blogging world, see I told you it is not that hard... you didn't believe me. Okay we are so excited you guys are coming up, we are SO in for lunch!

Krissa

Michael Parker said...

I know what you are going through Trace. Natalie is only two (almost three!), but it's crazy to look at her and think she was a small as Emily once was. Hang on to those precious moments and write them down. How does that country song go..."You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back..."