BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I got Tagged...a ZILLION years ago (sorry Krissa!)

Seems I mostly talk about my daughter on our blog (weird, right? :)...so I've really been putting this off. The problem is, once I start expressing my opinions or talking about things that I like or things that bug me, it's hard to get me to stop (I can see Adam giving me the "cut off" signal in my head). These lists should be short, but I tend to go on and on. I apologize, and excuse any friends or family members who just don't want to waste the day reading this nonsense. Anyway, here's some stuff about me (with a few helpful illustrations).

5 THINGS PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:

1. I have a few "possibly lucrative" interests that I sometimes think about pursuing--personal training, teaching, we're even considering law school lately--but any time I consider life as a "working Mom" my stomach just drops. It's really not that I'm lazy or retarded, I just worry that Kennedy may suffer if I selfishly pursue things that keep me from home. I really love just being a Mom. (O.K., I am a little retarded, and I can be VERY lazy, but I don't consider those the reasons for my trepidation when thinking about working).


2. I'm from the South (Georgia), but I don't have a lick of an accent left. As beautiful and green as it is down south, and even with all the "southern hospitality" and good parts of the south, I have no desire to live down there (particularly southern Georgia) permanently. I think there's a reason it's more expensive to live in the northeast or out west...that's all I'll say about that.


3. I taught preschool for a while (really on a whim) while we lived in Utah. I didn't think I was the "preschool teacher type," but I seriously LOVED it. I miss my little cute kids, and I miss Kennedy having her wonderful class with wonderful Mrs. Clark... If you live in Utah and have preschool-age children you have to get them into Learning Dynamics. Super-academic and the most wonderful women work there (well obviously! ha ha). Here I am with one of my classes for the preschool Christmas program (I look weird, but how sweet are these little kiddos?):


4. I happen to think that most "stylish" shoes in stores and online are HIDEOUS...I'm just old and old-fashioned, because I just don't think high-heeled tennis-shoe laced wedges should fly. I also despise at wearing heels, and only buy shoes like these if they're 90% off and pray that I never actually have to wear them:




...instead I'd rather live in flip-flops (I can't WAIT live in Hawaii) or if I must cover an awful pedicure I'd opt for these: (my husband thinks "Ugg" stands for "ugly," but with the way they feel I could care less.


5. I am SOOOOOO sick of moving. Yes I love that we're a military family and my husband is serving his country (he loves his job in military intelligence), but I secretly wish we could stay somewhere and put down some ROOTS.


5 THINGS ON MY "TO-DO" LIST:

1. Get Kennedy involved in some type of dance class since she talks about it all the time, and spends half the day in a leotard whirling around the house (oh, and possibly swim lessons and gymnastics...is she too young for piano?).

2. Finally get all of our pictures and memories organized and together (not all cheesy and tacky like my old scrapbook crap; hopefully a little more classy...well,at least in order chronologically and labelled ).

3. Start doing a mini "preschool" with Kennedy and her new "best friends," a few times a week (since every preschool in the area has laughed when I asked to have her placed on the waiting list).

4. Try my hand at writing grants...nothing wrong with making a bit of money from home.

5. Get rid of a big chunk of our crap...we've got too much weight to take to Hawaii.



5 THINGS I REALLY ENJOY:

1. Snuggling Kennedy...quiet sweet moments where I have ample opportunity to teach her and express my love to her. Can anyone top that?


2. Hunting down insane deals on cool stuff I like (75% off or more is required for me to feel satisfied).

3. Giving great gifts to family and friends who really deserve them...I'm a little out of control actually (here's a portion of my closet to prove it:)

4. Being slowed down by my husband (I'm always running around, busy doing nothing) to hug and express myself...I love that he really cares about how I feel and what I need.


5. Watching a good episode of House, CSI (or any show like it), or Brothers & Sisters...is it ever coming back? There are also a few good reality shows that we love to watch so we can comment and laugh meanly at idiots. This is our first year getting into American Idol and it's been really fun for Adam and I. I thought Adam was going to die of happiness when Danny got voted off (I think his dancing was giving my manly man night terrors!), and I have a major crush on Simon half the time (the other half I think he's completely gay and that he and Ryan Seacrest are in a lover's quarrel). But with his bank account and ability to call crap "crap," he's pretty irresistible.


IF WE WERE SUDDENLY BILLIONAIRES:

Adam actually would be the one to make a lot of the decisions since I'm addicted to buying CRAP and he's obsessed with savings and investments and preparing for the future, so here's his take:

1. Get ourselves and our family members out of debt. Buy everyone (especially our parents) great houses and cars, and pay for school for those who needed/wanted to go.

2. Make lots of investments and set up funds for nieces and nephews' college funds...investment in several different businesses like a great gym chain, some snazzy car dealerships, and of course some great real estate (homes in Hawaii, Utah, Condos in Provo, New York?...makes me salivate to think of it)

3. Have some more kids.

4. Adam would get busy on a PhD or two or four (crazy man loves school; ick)

5. And Adam's ultimate: buy a sports franchise (like the Tarheels or the Braves)

Okay, so this was a really long post full of a lot of crap, but it was kind of therapeutic for me, so...sorry! To sum up, my first priority--my main reason for existence is this: to enjoy having my family TOGETHER (being military makes you really appreciate it).


5 PEOPLE I TAG: LAUREL, AMY, CHEYNEY, PAIGE BROWN (my neighbor who still hasn't given me her family's blog!), & MARY (&/or MIKE)









4 comments:

brandy said...

I love everything I read about you and your precious family. You have got to have the cutest family ever. Are you seriously moving to Hawaii? My mom lived there when her dad was stationed there, it is when and where she began her professional hula dancing. Anyway, you look so amazingly happy and I am so glad. Take care and keep blogging, I love to be able to catch up!! Brandy

--m.k.r. said...

that was great and really fun to read. i hope you do write grants with erica, you would be so awesome at it!

ChaLea said...

Hey! Laurel gave me your blog cite so I could see how you're doing. It's great to see that you're doing well and have such a beautiful daughter! I don't keep in touch with folks from Bainbridge like I should since I loved it there, but I have great memories of all of you. Email me sometime and keep in touch! Have a great week.
ChaLea (Bozeman) Tisdale

cheyney webb said...

I love all the info and great pics. But excuse my ignorance, what does it mean to be tagged?

You are totally going to get tons of visitors in Hawaii! Can we come? What fun!