BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catching up on Father's Day...

So it seems pretty unforgivable that I missed posting something for Father's Day with the "Super-Dad" that ours is...
(Here he is posing with a nun statue while we were having a "date night" 7 or 8 months ago)
Originally Kennedy wasn't excited to go to church on Father's Day with her Dad gone. I can't blame her really. Here she is with her brothers right before we left for church:
When Drew became fussy Schaffer tried to help with one of his famous kisses.
(getting ready to pose)
Kennedy & Drew. They both have so much of their Dad in them...he makes some beautiful kids.
He's just too sweet to resist...you have to nuzzle him if you're close to his sweet face.
So anyway, back to DAD...
The reason Adam is the best dad in the world (in our humble opinion) is because of how his family is always first & most important on his list of priorities. Any free time he has, he always spends with us. Makes us all feel pretty special. I took this picture right before I drove him to the airport.
Walking Kennedy to school right before his flight out.
Consoling her about his deployment
Getting Schaf dressed & hangin' out with 'the belly.'
Saying goodbye to his brand-new son. Baby Drew is shaping up to be a total "mini Adam." It's astonishing how much he already looks just like his Dad.
At church on Father's Day Sunday the bishop read a letter Adam had emailed him. He gave me a copy of it after sacrament meeting. Here's what Adam wrote to us from the Philippines:
"To my children, I could not be more blessed with the family the Lord has provided me with. Kennedy, it has been an honor and a privilege to watch you grow into the young lady you are today. From the very first time I laid eyes on you, you have owned my heart. It's a special relationship a father has with his daughter. My desire to protect, to teach and to support you grows stronger each and every day. I could not ask for a better daughter and I so look forward to spending this life and eternity as your Dad.
Schaffer, my little shadow...oh how I miss you. If you're in the building right now, I'm sure you're wandering around being followed by your Mom and sister. If you aren't in the building, it's probably because you wouldn't allow mom to dress you this morning. Mom tells me you're a handful, but I wouldn't change a thing. It's going to be so much fun watching you grow.
Baby Drew, I'm looking forward to the day that we get to know one another. You just may be the best of us all...I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you are.
And to my wife, I wouldn't be a fraction of the father I am without you at my side. Even though fathers are being celebrated today, each day we should celebrate you as a mother.
Happy Father's Day everyone from the Philippines!

1 comments:

Queer Braff said...

I almost feel bad writing anything about this post- there's something sacred about it, but I have to just express (albeit belatedly!) my love and gratitude for Adam, and the whole the Gibson family. Adam, we are all so proud of you and thankful for your sacrifices while you serve. Trace, he's right- you are seriously the woman and are doing a fantastic job raising those kiddies. Thanks for your examples of love & sacrifice & stoicism, even with major challenges.
Love you guys!