BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hiking Kokohead Crater

Noelle & I (being the die-hard chicks we are) decided to do Kokohead Crater hike...supposedly the hardest hike on the island (found out later that there's actually one that's even harder). Well, this one was hard enough...1048 'longer-than-a-normal stride' steps straight up. Here we are at the top:
Flexing & feeling pretty strong in front of a great view of Hawaii Kai (mind you, this is not at the end of the hike...I 'got served, yo!')
About half-way up there's a bridge (many of the railroad ties seemed old & rotting!) & not much to keep you from a nice little fall. Kind of unnerving.
Of course by the end Noelle had left me in the dust, so she was able to take this desperate-looking shot of me when I was nearly to the top:
Victorious Noelle with views of Hawaii Kai to the right & Hanauma Bay to the left. Well worth the hike.
Took this pic to show the number of steps once we got back to the bottom...may not be able to really see, but trust me, it was LONG (& horrid!) and NOELLE & I ROCK!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only two words for this: WE ROCK!!!