BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Still Catching Up...Poppa & Grandma Terree's Visit:

Oh my goodness, these pictures are from OCTOBER!!! Sorry Dad & Terree! Your visit was such a nice birthday present though. Thanks for being such gracious, easy, generous guests. Can't wait to have you back!
They wanted to go straight to the beach right after they flew in, ha ha--so great. I love how you can just barely see Dad's black socks in the picture above!
Kennedy never has a problem with beach/swim time...and she definitely enjoyed all the attention and time with her grandparents.
My favorite part of their visit was all the quality time Schaffer got with his grandpa. Dad was like the "baby whisperer" with him. He just loved his Poppa.
Whether he was being rocked, bounced, played with, or just sitting still in his arms, Schaffer was happy with Poppa. His most favorite was when Poppa sang to him with his deep voice. Brought back happy memories of Dad singing and playing guitar when I was a child. Our home was always filled with music.
We went to Lanikai Beach to snorkel...isn't it beautiful? I'm embarrassed that this was my first time snorkeling. More people need to visit us so we take advantage of this kind of stuff!
Kennedy tried it some too (got her a kid-sized set of snorkel gear).
The water here was perfect, and there were hardly any other people.
We went with our favorite friends & neighbors: Ali & Daniel:
They really are the cutest, sweetest kids ever...it's going to be hard to say goodbye when the time comes.
Schaf & I enjoyed the perfect beach day as well.
Usually he & I stick together like this ( he lives in this sling), but thanks to my "helpful grandpa" Dad, I was able to get out and snorkel quite a bit too. It was soooo cool. Loved it.
He almost preferred my Dad to me...admittedly a little insulting, but I didn't mind the freedom!
Oh my goodness, this hat doesn't even fit him anymore...he's growing way too fast!
I love how they're giving each other the "once over" in this pic:
Schaffer had a pretty good time chillin'...I need to be a better beach mom & just let him eat sand and get it in his ears and nose (icky!).
We also went down to Sandy's Beach and were amazed that despite warning signs there were tons of folks (mostly locals) trying to surf and boogie board. Haloma's blow-hole is in the background.
Oh my gosh, the waves were insane...there's so many diverse beaches here--any and all kinds--to suit anyone's needs/wants, and all of them so close. I wouldn't mind staying here for a long, long time. Too bad Adam's already got 'island fever.' Sigh. Wants to live in Alaska next. REALLY? ALASKA??? No thanks!

0 comments: