BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beaches

We have always loved going to the beach, whether in Florida, the Carolinas, or California (the picture below is at a beach near L.A.).   Now we're completely surrounded by all different types of beaches, and we're slowly discovering which ones we like best for our growing family,

 Here we are with our lovely friends and neighbors at Barber's Point; an excellent surfing beach.  They're "natives," and surfing is in their blood.  They've been trying to take us since we met, and we finally took advantage of their skills a month ago. Their son Buffalo was so sweet with Kennedy, making sure she didn't go too deep into the rough waves.
How cute is my guy in a board shirt?  I was pretty jealous that he got to try it and I got to take pictures like a fat pregnant wife should.  I really really want to try it...perhaps in a few months?

Here we are going down to a great beach on a marine corps base (Kaneohe bay).
The surf was a little too close and too rough for our liking, but can you believe marine military housing overlooks this view?  Nice life!
Enjoying the wind as we drive around the outer coast of the island.  Happiness is drinking in a perfect island breeze.

A snap from the car.  Seriously.  I live here.
A couple of Hawaiian fisherman.
Kennedy always tries to find treasures to give as gifts, like this coral.  We found one that was shaped like a heart and she sent it to Grandma Toni (before I found out we shouldn't have!)
This is at Hickam Air Force Base.  They have a calm, small stretch of beach that always has lifeguards, and other cool perks (like cheap surf lessons and banana boat rides).
After eating at a great restaurant we went to explore the view from our outdoor table.  Places like this (in Waianae) seem to be around every corner here.  Gorgeous. 
Why buy produce when you can find it falling out of trees?  We've got a huge avocado tree in our back yard, a mango tree down the block, and had a banana tree outside our hotel room, and coconuts are everywhere.  We're going to plant a pineapple tree as soon as we move to the new house (apparently you just pop the leafy green top into the ground).
Can't go to North Shore without getting the famous shaved ice.  So so good.
Our very first trip to a beach here on Oahu--right in the heart of Waikiki.
Drying off in the sunset.
Showering with a surfer.  Couldn't help snapping a picture.

3 comments:

--m.k.r. said...

oh my she what a life! I am oohing and ahhing at your beaches, just counting my 6 weeks until we get to go to HI! Hope you are doing well.

Jared and Laurel said...

Oh my gosh! I am in love with this post. Thank you! I knew you were holding back...now we are ALL a LOT more jealous of you guys! Eternal flip flop weather, fun and paradise. How amazing is your life? We love you guys.

Shandelle said...

Trace! I don't know if you remember me, but this is Shanee from Portales :)

Kennedy is BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, I'm insanely jealous that you live in Hawaii!!! WOW!!!