We recently returned from a two week-long trip back to Utah. I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking (wanted to make it count?) Anyway, we had a great time visiting with some of our favorite people, and were even able to surprise Grandma Toni on her birthday. The main event was a little "family reunion"(minus one Armenian missionary) with my brother David flying in from Alabama; such a treat. Here are some of the "lover-ly" people we were able to spend a bit of time with:
My dear, wonderful, amazing Mom (yes, we frequented T.P. gardens in accordance to her requests):
Amazing little Ashton (who will always be Kennedy's dearest, life-long friend--they seem never to tire of one another). A big thank you to the Loaders for lending him to us for some extra quality time!
Our crazy little genius-cousin Isaac (or as Adam calls him, "Hurricane Isaac"). We had lots of fun adventures with this darling boy.
Little "Blue Eyes" himself: Isaac's new younger brother Noah. This delicious baby has the sweetest temperment and smiles that melt your heart (I'm putting in a "special order" for one just like him).
The famous "Uncle Dave," who was everyone's favorite...especially the kids'. What a great uncle my brother is.
Our favorite little neighbor, "Miss Rylee," who is cuter than ever (check out her iddy-biddy feetsies!)
My wonderful Dad...who has miraculously kept thicker and more beautiful hair than me all these years! (ha ha, just joshing ya Dad! )
My favorite old mission companion, Amy McKinney, who influenced and helped me grow as a missionary and a person. She's one of the most genuine, giving, positive people I know:
And her great, funny family, the McKinneys, who are always so warm and welcoming (Kennedy didn't want to leave their beautiful home full of babies and kid-loving people).
Oh, and of course there were animals to be loved...thank goodness my child's heart is softer toward them then mine. Uncle Corky rescued a baby pit bull (awfully cute now, I'm guessing she will grow into a big pit bull--yikes!). For some reason this is one of my favorite pictures of Kennedy (is that weird?):
The dear Goldsberry family (Jen will kill me if she sees that I've posted a picture of her). We love this great Air Force family...one of the good things that came out of living in the armpit of New Mexico. Jen is always completely honest (will tell you if your clothes don't go or you need to pick up a parenting book), so you never have to wonder if she's giving you the "fake voice," you know? Plus she has great taste and is not afraid to educate you on life and style (something I'm pretty clueless in). I miss them coming over from across the street so she and I can chat about frustrations, goals, and life while the kids play. Her husband Ger is the most ridiculously nice guy and they're fantastic parents to the coolest kids on the block. Thanks for always giving us "royal hotel treatment" whenever we travel through Vegas!
Their newest addition is the sweetest, happiest, "cooing-est" baby...beautiful Ellena (I'm afraid my pictures don't show how pretty this girly-girl is). What's up with the perfect babies all over the place torturing Kennedy and I?
Garrison and Andrew...our favorite guy-pals (and Kennedy's first-ever friends):
And of course, Cate...how dear this funny girl is to Kennedy; they had so much fun together.
And Aunt Bobbie:
And Aunt Laurel:
So there's the brief overview... Since this blog is as close as I come to scrapbooking/memory-keeping I'm sure I'll document more details on our adventures in Las Vegas and Utah. But oh is it good to be home again and enjoy being with Adam and sleep in our own beds. You know, this Arizona place is kind of rubbing off on me!

3 comments:
What great fun. I am jealous! Interesting how your dad's hair never thins or grays;)
It was so great to see you and Doodle; thanks again for coming all the way from Mexico, ahem, I mean, Arizona!
I am happy for you that you were able to reunite with everyone. Looks like you all had a great time!!
Post a Comment