Kennedy wants to hold and carry and hug and kiss her new little brother alllllll the time. When I ask her to cool it a little so I can feed or change him she always says, "but Mom, I just love him SOOOOO much!"
It's so nice to have another set of arms that are loving and dependable when I need a minute now and then.
When Adam first got the new camera he did a little "photo shoot" of Kennedy, and I was taken aback with how beautiful she's become. How lucky can two average, ordinary BYU grads get?
Proudly displaying her "big sister" T-shirt.
Oh those brown eyes...my favorite physical feature for both Adam and Kennedy. Looks like Schaffer may end up with my grey-blues, but at least he's not squinty like Mom!
She's always looking out for her brother's well-being (here she's trying to shield him from the camera's flash, and chiding me for using a camera around his sensitive baby eyes:):) She's great about helping to calm him when he's upset whether at home or in the car. He loves hearing her voice, especially when she sings to him.
I know I'm supposed to be all postpartum--depressed and stressed--but I don't think I've ever been happier or felt so fulfilled and blessed. I'm so grateful for my family and my life.

4 comments:
Look at you with a new background and everything, you are amazing! Schaffer is adorable, and we know all about the over helpful big sister... it is just because they love em SOOOOOO much!!!
Hey! Thanks for that sweet comment. We do need to get together. My sister and niece have been in town so I've been really busy having fun with them:) Hey, don't forget about the baby expo this Saturday. It's from 10am-5pm. I have a free ticket for you if you want it!!
Wow, Kennedy has GROWN up! What happened?? What a beautiful, loving, helpful, good sister!
So happy for ya'll! Good for you savoring every minute... goes too fast. She is so beautiful and that's awesome that she's so good with him. Looks like Adam's got some sweet skills with the cam too... Love ya'll and miss ya'll like crazy- can't wait to kiss new baby Schaffer- he's so precious and adorable. Love that you're enjoying this time so much; way it should be; how blessed we all are:)
Post a Comment